My Favorite 6 Vegan Holiday Recipes
I'm all for not reinventing the wheel! So, I'm sharing a few of my favorite recipes and meal to eat during the holidays.
- Vegan Sweet Potato Pie (I buy an accidental vegan pie crust, and use the filling from this recipe)
- Vegan Cornbread
- Dressing: Use the vegan cornbread to make your favorite dressing, sub veggie stock for chicken stock and mushrooms for gizzards. I even use the Pepperidge Farms cornbread mix, it saves tons of time.
- Black eye peas (cook them in veggie stock instead of using the hammock)
- Mustard and turnip greens or collard greens (cook them in veggie stock and add liquid smoke it you want a little smoked flavor, I prefer them without liquid smoke)
- Jerk Portobello Mushroom steaks -- massage your mushroom steaks with jerk seasonings
I've simply given up on mac & cheese! As someone who used to love mac & cheese I refuse to settle for less. I've only had vegan mac & cheese twice and it wasn't terrible, it just didn't compare to what I was used to.